Snapchat’s “see the world” 🌎 map feature is a unique new way to see what’s going on in your area or around the world.
You can view the map and check out tagged locations, featured locations, or hotspots that are marked in red. The hot spots are areas that have a high volume of snaps that can range from events, accidents, traffics or whatever. These snaps are open to what’s being shared!
In my local area, I was able to see a four car traffic accident to a big marketing event that is happening just around the corner from me. So the ability of Snapchat to curate content to specific areas on a map is amazing!
Outside my area, worldwide 🌎, I was able to visit Brazil, Argentina, Africa and more! Getting a view or insight of what’s happening at a graduation 👨🎓 or a festival was eye opening. Those are personal moments/videos that you wouldn’t have seen elsewhere. Well YouTube but these are at the moment, moments!
But here is why I will be using it for Pacific Park… I think we will always be red on the heat map and displayed as a landmark so their will be constant content being pushed. So here is what I can learn or will look for when understanding what the Pacific Park/ Santa Monica Pier audience will be posting:
- What are they snapping/capturing? What visuals? I know the beach 🏖, ocean view 🌊, and sunset 🌅 will be primary but what’s secondary to their interest? Specific locations like the Ferris wheel 🎡, carousel 🎠 or roller coaster 🎢? POV on the rides? Tasty 😋 foods 🍦 or restaurants 🥗.
- What are they talking about 🗣? What’s the conversation like, good 👍🏼 or bad 👎🏼?
- Brand presence. Eyes view of the product! The look and visuals of the environment. Are posters and graphics old and needs changing? Signs and paint 🎨 or does it look good?
- Employee presence on how they are representing the brand. Are they engaged or interacting and setting the best experiences for the guest 👨👩👧👦?
- Guest Engagement/Crowd 🕺 – is it busy, slow, what’s the overall vibe on the Pier.
- PLUS: See what’s being posted in similar industry brands to see my same interest in my brand above. I can see what is being posted at the Galveston Pier in Texas, Six Flags up north in Cali and Disney world in Florida.
These are just a few areas that I will look at and focus on. These, for me, are practical reasons why brand managers should use this Snapchat feature. It is another great tool to use and gain another insight into your business, other businesses, and what the audience is doing.
Take the advantage of this opportunity to see whats going on in the world from a true audience perspective. Whether it’s in your brand or in other brands. What and where their interest lies is a huge insight. These moments, most moments, are important to the Snapper and should be important to you!